Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency, chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club, corporate controller, restaurant chain, executive director, automobile association, general manager, cleaning service, president, department store, regional vice-president, hotel chain, vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services, vice-president, finance – food wholesaling, vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain, vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-23|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Forty-five new apartments will be built in the chemin du Canal sector in Beauharnois (available in French only)
- Pont du Centenaire bridge in Ormstown will be rebuilt for $4.3M. The works, which have already begun, should end in January 2015. (available in French only)
- A new SAQ Dépôt store opened in Carrefour des Promenades in Saint-Hubert, creating 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Bogie manufacturing is starting at Alstom in Sorel-Tracy, resulting in the creation of 20 jobs within a few months (available in French only)
- A new elementary school will be built in Granby, requiring an investment of $8.8M (available in French only)
- Uniprix is expanding, with the construction of a new pharmacy in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield. The $3M investment will enable 20 new jobs to be created. (available in French only)
- A $2.5M investment has led to the opening of a fitness centre in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and created 40 jobs (available in French only)
- Granby's Plan¿te Sport has purchased new ski maintenance equipment for $250,000 and estimates a 40% increase in sharpening services (available in French only)
- Following a work conflict that lasted nearly 6 months, Kronos Canada employees in Varennes will be returning to work after reaching an agreement with management (available in French only)
- A $2M investment expanded the Viau Ford dealership in Saint-R¿mi, while consolidating 50-some jobs (available in French only)
- Two hundred layoffs are expected by the end of November at Rio Tinto Fer et Titan in Sorel-Tracy, with 50 people having already lost their jobs (available in French only)
- H¿roux-Devtek, a supplier of landing gears, has announced forty-some temporary layoffs at its Longueuil plant due to a slowdown in activities (available in French only)
- The replanning of the sterilizing service of H¿pital de Granby will require a $2.5M investment (available in French only)
- Exel, a company that specializes in logistics, is currently hiring. Its opening, scheduled for February 2014, will lead to the creation of 160 jobs in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. (available in French only)
- Michaels, an American retailer that specializes in selling art supplies, opened a store in Saint-Constant, creating approximately 60 jobs (available in French only)
- Aircraft engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney will be investing $275M in its Longueuil plant over the next 5 years. This will create 90 jobs (manufacturing technology specialists and operators) and maintain 160 other jobs. (available in French only)
- A residential project of 45 housing units, Le Bisonnière phase 4, will be built in Beauharnois. This project, evaluated at $2.9M, will be built by JP Roy Constructions. (available in French only)
- A real estate project, evaluated at $150M, is planning on building 3 malls in as many years in Vaudreuil-Dorion (available in French only)
- A $10.7M investment will enable renovations to be made and a new rink to be installed at the Sainte-Julie arena (available in French only)
- Carrefour Laplante mall, located in Iberville, is investing $2.5M for renovation works (available in French only)
- Le Domaine Le Roussillon, a retirement home comprising 127 units on 7 floors, will be built for $20M in Sainte-Catherine. Works should be completed in fall 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: