Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
aircraft groomer, airport ramp attendant, cargo attendant, air transport, ramp agent, air transport, ramp attendant, air transport, station attendant, air transport.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
Outlook & Prospects for Air Transport Ramp Attendants in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Estrie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Estrie region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 07 - Oct 11, 2013
- Transports ATD, a company that is located in Danville and specializes in short- and long-haul carriage for manufacturing companies, is investing $750,000 in Asbestos to offer rental and maintenance services to large transport companies (available in French only)
- The closing of the Jeffrey mine in Asbestos ends more than 70 years of business activity. Transport Eastern will close its doors on November 30, leading to 25 more jobs being lost in the municipality.
- Date Modified: