Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
aircraft groomer, airport ramp attendant, cargo attendant, air transport, ramp agent, air transport, ramp attendant, air transport, station attendant, air transport.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
Outlook & Prospects for Air Transport Ramp Attendants in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-18|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-17|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-08|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-22|
|Estrie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-20|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
|Laurentides Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-01|
|Laval Region||<Not assigned>||2011-11-21|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-15|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-15|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Hydro Culture invests $2M in Beloeil and creates 15 new jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Transporter Air Transat, based out of Montréal, will announce the abolishment of nearly a dozen positions due to the company's structural reorganization (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- A new company, Remorquage J2, will start operations in the fall in Bécancour and will create three additional jobs (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- As of April 1, Pascan Aviation will offer daily flights to and from the Mirabel airport and will create 15 jobs (available in French only)
- By 2016, the Réseau de transport de Longueuil will invest $79.5M for the purchase of 100 hybrid buses (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, Premier Aviation has laid off 14 people last March 11 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: