Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate and are employed in the real estate industry.
commercial real estate agent, real estate agent, real estate broker, real estate sales representative, residential real estate agent, supervisor, real estate agents.
- Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
- Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
Real estate agents and salespersons may specialize in residential, commercial, industrial/institutional or rural real estate sales.
Outlook & Prospects for Real Estate Agents and Salespersons in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Estrie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- A $1.5M investment will be made in Asbestos to build an 18-unit, high-end residential building for people 55 years of age or more. The Villa des Sources will be move-in ready by July 2014.
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- Thanks to a $1.4M investment, Group Via Capital Estrie will build a brand-new office building in Magog (available in French only)
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- The old Jack Spratt factory in Sherbrooke will be remodeled to include offices and indoor parking (available in French only)
Week of Aug 20 – Aug 24, 2012
- $39M investment for the construction of the Plaza de l'Ouest in Sherbrooke (available in French only)
- Date Modified: