Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
furniture designer, industrial design consultant, industrial designer, industrial products designer, product designer.
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Designers in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Estrie region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- With a $121.7M investment, the Centre femme-jeunesse-famille, a new wing of the Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Sherbrooke, will be built in Sherbrooke in 2015 and open in 2017 (available in French only)
- Ecotierra, a company that specializes in projects that offer carbone credits, has invested $800,000 to set up shop in Sherbrooke. Five jobs were created. (available in French only)
- Supermarket IGA of the Brompton borough in Sherbrooke has just invested $6M to expand. Thus, 25 new jobs were added to the 50 existing ones. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sawmill Bois Champigny of Potton has gone bankrupt since April 19. Thirty-some jobs were lost. (available in French only)
- A new filtering plant that powers the North Hatley region in potable water will be built for $11.2M (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- DBO Expert, a distributor of wastewater treatment technologies, has invested $690,000 to renovate its facilities in Sherbrooke. In addition to the 10 jobs being consolidated, three new positions have been created and three more are expected. (available in French only)
- Quinco & Cie in Magog, which specializes in the design of self-adhesive wall tiles, is investing $866,450 to purchase new equipment. In addition to the 20 or so jobs being consolidated, 10 new positions are expected in the short term. (available in French only)
- A number of businesses in various industries in the Stanstead area are seeking to fill 15 positions (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The 12 employees of Bock Équipements in Sherbrooke find themselves unemployed (available in French only)
- In the context of an investment plan of close to $100M in Québec, Loblaws will renovate its food business in Magog and lead to the creation of a few jobs (available in French only)
- $950,000 expansion work on the Centre d'action bénévole de Coaticook is almost complete (available in French only)
- Date Modified: