Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community or they may be self-employed.
agricultural consultant, agricultural extension supervisor, agricultural livestock specialist, agricultural representative, agricultural soil and crop specialist, agriculturist, agrologist, agronomist, consulting agrologist, crop specialist, farm management consultant, field service agent, grower's advisor, professional agrologist (P.Ag.).
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists may specialize in specific aspects of agriculture such as animal science, field crops, horticulture, soil science, irrigation or drainage, farm management, marketing, agricultural economics, land use, and environmental management, appraisal or extension and education.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural Representatives, Consultants and Specialists in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Estrie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Estrie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Following an investment of more than $6M, La Diligence, the first inter-generational housing co-op in Québec, was just inaugurated in the borough of Brompton in Sherbrooke (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of $11M, Mont-Orford National Park will be updated (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of $1.5M, Mont-Mégantic National Park, located in Notre-Dame-des-Bois, will be revamped (available in French only)
- Following an investment of more than $2M, Habitation Mont-Bellevue, which offers affordable housing, was inaugurated in Sherbrooke (available in French only)
- Sercovie, an NPO that offers services to elderly persons, was inaugurated in Sherbrooke, following an investment of $3.5M. This enabled the non-profit organization¿s building to be expanded and renovated. (available in French only)
- ¿lectronique Raybel is relocating its Sherbrooke location with a $650,000 investment. On its scheduled September 2014 opening, four new jobs will be added to the dozen already in place. (available in French only)
- Ten million dollars will be invested in the construction of 77 new community housing units across Sherbrooke by early 2015 (available in French only)
- Universit¿ de Sherbrooke will be investing $1.5M to renovate and convert the former concert hall, Le Vieux Clocher, into a learning space (available in French only)
- Closed ski station Montjoye will be resurrected in Mont Hatley near North-Hatley thanks to a major $1M project targeting the implementation of tubing. Thirty new jobs will be created this winter. (available in French only)
- Innotex in Richmond, one of the main North American manufacturers of firefighter wear, is looking for seamstresses to fill immediate and long-term positions (available in French only)
- Secondary school La Frontali¿re of Coaticook invests $3.5M into a new gymnasium (available in French only)
- Date Modified: