Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Loan officers examine, evaluate and process credit and loan applications. They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions.
- Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
- Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
- Complete credit and loan documentation
- Submit credit and loan applications to management with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
- Promote the sale of credit and loan services
- Review and update credit and loan files
- Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
Outlook & Prospects for Loan Officers in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Estrie region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- With an investment of $5M, the first phase of the VV condos (vue et vertige) is underway on Boulevard Lionel-Groulx in Sherbrooke and will be completed in the fall (available in French only)
- Date Modified: