Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services, such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions that provide health care services. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other health care establishments.
chief of anesthesia, chief of emergency medicine, chief of medical staff, director of clinical medicine, director of dietetics, director of laboratory medicine, director of nursing – medical services, director of occupational therapy, director of physiotherapy, director of surgery, director, home care services, director, rehabilitation services, medical clinic director, mental health residential care program manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department or establishment
- Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
- Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
- Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
- Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
- Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
- Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
- Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.
Managers in health care specialize in administering the provision of specific health care services such as dietetics, clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, nursing, physiotherapy or surgery.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Health Care in Estrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Estrie region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Daycare Ma petite école Einstein, located on boulevard Lebourgneuf in Québec, has doubled its reception capacity. Currently, the daycare counts 23 employees. The addition of more space will lead to the creation of more than 20 jobs.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- With a $121.7M investment, the Centre femme-jeunesse-famille, a new wing of the Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Sherbrooke, will be built in Sherbrooke in 2015 and open in 2017 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Carrefour des aînés Sercovie in Sherbrooke is investing $3.5M to expand its facilities and thus provide more services and activities for the region’s clientele (available in French only)
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- $4.4 M will be invested in upgrades and retrofits at the Pavilion St. Louis in Windsor and the CLSC service centre in Richmond, enabling them to serve their clients more effectively
- Date Modified: