Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group remove excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products and perform other labouring activities. They are employed in structural steel, boiler and platework fabrication plants, heavy machinery manufacturing plants, sheet metal fabrication shops, shipbuilding and other metal products manufacturing companies.
chipper-grinder, forge helper, grinder-deburrer, labourer – metal fabrication, metal cleaner, metalworking machine helper, plater helper, shipfitter helper, shotblaster, wheelabrator operator.
- Read and interpret work orders
- Operate metal cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
- Polish metal products to mirror finish
- Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metalworking machine operators or other metal workers
- Transport raw materials and finished metal products manually or using hoists or other devices
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Load and unload vehicles using hand truck or dolly
- May cut, grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools.
Jobs for Labourers in Metal Fabrication in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 15 job postings in Chaudière-Appalaches Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-23||hand buffer - metal products manufacturing||INOXYR||
|2013-05-23||sandblaster operator - metal products manufacturing||RANDSTAD LÉVIS||
|2013-05-23||labourer - metal fabrication||RANDSTAD LÉVIS||
|2013-05-23||labourer - metal fabrication||ANCIA||
|2013-05-23||grinder - metal products manufacturing||FONDERIE BIBBY STE-CROIX||
|2013-05-22||labourer - metal fabrication||ATELIER SPECIALISE PARADIS INC.||
|2013-05-21||helper, industrial sheet metal worker||MÉTAL BERNARD INC.||
|2013-05-21||labourer - metal fabrication||MANUFACTURE FRAMECO LTÉE||
|2013-05-17||metal buffer - metal products manufacturing||GROUPE PERSPECTIVE LÉVIS||
|2013-05-17||labourer - metal fabrication||GROUPE PERSPECTIVE LÉVIS||
|2013-05-16||sandblaster - metal products manufacturing||PEINTURE INDUSTRIELLE PBAC INC.||
|2013-05-13||metal-fabricating shop helper||Matiss||
|2013-05-08||hand buffer - metal products manufacturing||LES PRODUITS MÉTALLIQUES ROY INC.||
|2013-05-04||metal pickler operator helper||RECYCLE COPPER EXCHANGE INC.||
|2013-05-02||labourer - metal fabrication||SYNERTEK INDUSTRIES INC.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: