Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters and coaters in this unit group tend and operate machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. They are employed by manufacturing companies, specialized coating shops and refinishing establishments.
assembly painter, automobile painter – motor vehicle manufacturing, aviation painter, bathtub refinisher, coating machine operator – industrial painting and coating, dip tank attendant, enameller, industrial products painter, manufacturing painter, paint machine operator, paint systems operator, production painter, robotic spray paint attendant, rustproofer, motor vehicle, spray paint operator, spray painter.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Tend or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Outlook & Prospects for Painters and Coaters – Industrial in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-21|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in Chaudiere-Appalaches are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The Produits de Bâtiment Résidentiel plant in St-Lambert-de-Lauzon just closed its doors. Approximately 40 employees worked there. The company has decided to move production to its plants that have a greater production capacity. (available in French only)
- AG-Bio Centre, the Lévis-based business incubator, just received funding from the Government of Canada. The organization¿s project should enable the creation of approximately 15 business start-ups and the possible creation of 30 jobs. (available in French only)
- La Cache à Maxime, in Scott, will become a mini conference centre, with the capacity to accommodate up to 500 persons. Approximately 40 new jobs will be created over the next five years and the 80 existing positions will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- Fromagerie Victoria, in Victoriaville, has just opened a new store on Lagueux road in Saint-Nicolas near Qu¿bec City. The investment is valued at more than $4M and has created 45 jobs.
- Pr¿vost Car, of Ste-Claire, is receiving an order for 55 vehicles from Greyhound. This news mean a callback of 55 employees on the spare list in addition to approximately 15 welders who may need to be hired (available in French only)
- Thetford Mines-based Continental Conveyor just declared a lockout, affecting 85 employees. Approximately 30 layoffs also took place over the past weeks. (available in French only)
- Company Les Chocolats favoris will expand in the next few years. At its 4 current branches, it plans to add 3 more in 2014, with one in St-Nicolas (Lévis). Each time, between 30 and 40 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: