Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters and coaters in this unit group tend and operate machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. They are employed by manufacturing companies, specialized coating shops and refinishing establishments.
assembly painter, automobile painter – motor vehicle manufacturing, aviation painter, bathtub refinisher, coating machine operator – industrial painting and coating, dip tank attendant, enameller, industrial products painter, manufacturing painter, paint machine operator, paint systems operator, production painter, robotic spray paint attendant, rustproofer, motor vehicle, spray paint operator, spray painter.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Tend or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Outlook & Prospects for Painters and Coaters – Industrial in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in Chaudiere-Appalaches are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Company Supermétal in Lévis will cease its activities starting August 23rd for a indeterminate period (available in French only)
- CVTech-ABB in Thetford Mines has just acquired Marine Medics. New positions will need to be filled: mechanics, machinists, plant workers, part clerks and order pickers and customer service representatives.
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The construction of the new Carrefour St-Romuald should begin this fall. This project is estimated at $500M. Many store banners will set up shop, such as Costco, Toys 'R' Us, Bouclair and Latulippe. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Texel company has invested $16M in its Ste-Marie factory. The investment will serve to expand the factory and buy equipment. The company also plans to create 25-30 jobs over the coming years. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
- Date Modified: