Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Company Supermétal in Lévis will cease its activities starting August 23rd for a indeterminate period (available in French only)
- CVTech-ABB in Thetford Mines has just acquired Marine Medics. New positions will need to be filled: mechanics, machinists, plant workers, part clerks and order pickers and customer service representatives.
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The construction of the new Carrefour St-Romuald should begin this fall. This project is estimated at $500M. Many store banners will set up shop, such as Costco, Toys 'R' Us, Bouclair and Latulippe. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Texel company has invested $16M in its Ste-Marie factory. The investment will serve to expand the factory and buy equipment. The company also plans to create 25-30 jobs over the coming years. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
- Date Modified: