Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair and service a wide variety of products, such as cameras, scales, musical instruments, coin machines, vending machines, sporting goods and other miscellaneous products and equipment. They are employed by product specialty repair shops and service establishments.
bicycle repairer, camera repairer, meter repairer, piano repairer, scale repairer, sewing machine servicer – domestic, sporting goods repairer, vending machine repairer.
- Inspect products to determine the requirement for repair
- Repair or replace defective or worn out parts and components using hand, power or specially designed tools
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Perform routine maintenance
- May calibrate products using hand tools.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Repairers and Servicers in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Company Supermétal in Lévis will cease its activities starting August 23rd for a indeterminate period (available in French only)
- CVTech-ABB in Thetford Mines has just acquired Marine Medics. New positions will need to be filled: mechanics, machinists, plant workers, part clerks and order pickers and customer service representatives.
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The construction of the new Carrefour St-Romuald should begin this fall. This project is estimated at $500M. Many store banners will set up shop, such as Costco, Toys 'R' Us, Bouclair and Latulippe. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Texel company has invested $16M in its Ste-Marie factory. The investment will serve to expand the factory and buy equipment. The company also plans to create 25-30 jobs over the coming years. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
- Date Modified: