Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes tradespersons and related skilled workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
aircraft patternmaker, farrier, gunsmith, locksmith, recreation vehicle technician, safe and vault servicer, saw fitter, small arms repairer, template maker.
- Gunsmiths fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers' specifications.
- Locksmiths repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- This coming May, the Davie shipyard plans to hire forty-some workers per week to reach a total of 540 employees in July
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bock Equipment, which has four stores in Québec, including one in Lévis, is closing after declaring bankruptcy. About 15 people in Lévis are losing their job. (available in French only)
- Métal Duquet, located in Saint-Côme-Linière (in the Beauce region), has just expanded its plant. The investment will enable the company to stabilize its production. Eight to 10 jobs will be created by the end of next year. (available in French only)
- PhasOptx Telecom will be opening a new branch in Disraeli (in the Appalaches regional county municipality) in 2014. The project will generate $10 M in spending and should create 120 jobs over the next three years. Hiring is expected to start in the fall. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A new Tim Hortons location will open in Beauceville. The launch of this new company will allow the creation of thirty-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: