Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Printing press operators set up and operate sheet and web-fed presses to print illustrations, designs and text on paper, plastic, sheet metal and other material. They are employed by commercial printing companies; newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies; and establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
apprentice pressman/woman, assistant pressman/woman, first pressman/woman, flexographic press operator, offset press operator, printing press operator, rotogravure pressman/woman – printing.
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments and determine settings to control colour and viscosity
- Set up press and check samples for ink coverage, alignment and registration
- Monitor regular press run for quality consistency using computer control console and make adjustments if required
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Set up and adjust in-line binding and finishing equipment
- Direct activities of press crew and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to.
Jobs for Printing Press Operators in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Chaudière-Appalaches Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: