Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- This coming May, the Davie shipyard plans to hire forty-some workers per week to reach a total of 540 employees in July
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bock Equipment, which has four stores in Québec, including one in Lévis, is closing after declaring bankruptcy. About 15 people in Lévis are losing their job. (available in French only)
- Métal Duquet, located in Saint-Côme-Linière (in the Beauce region), has just expanded its plant. The investment will enable the company to stabilize its production. Eight to 10 jobs will be created by the end of next year. (available in French only)
- PhasOptx Telecom will be opening a new branch in Disraeli (in the Appalaches regional county municipality) in 2014. The project will generate $10 M in spending and should create 120 jobs over the next three years. Hiring is expected to start in the fall. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A new Tim Hortons location will open in Beauceville. The launch of this new company will allow the creation of thirty-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: