Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural and mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines, the armed forces and other aircraft operators.
aircraft gas turbine engine technician, aircraft inspector, aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) (except avionics), aircraft mechanic, aircraft structural repair technician, aircraft systems inspector, aviation mechanical component shop technician, certified aircraft technician, hydraulic mechanic, aircraft, inspector, flight test, inspector, repair and overhaul, shop inspector, aircraft repair.
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
- Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
- Perform and document routine maintenance
- Order and maintain inventory of parts and supplies.
Aircraft inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
Aircraft mechanics usually specialize in working on specific aircraft systems such as engines, engine accessories, airframes, propellers, mechanical components or hydraulic systems and specific kinds of aircraft, such as light aircraft, jet transports and helicopters.
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records and reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft Inspectors in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-16|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-17|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-07|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-21|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-12-10|
|Estrie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-16|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-23|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-15|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Transporter Air Transat, based out of Montréal, will announce the abolishment of nearly a dozen positions due to the company's structural reorganization (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- A new company, Remorquage J2, will start operations in the fall in Bécancour and will create three additional jobs (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- As of April 1, Pascan Aviation will offer daily flights to and from the Mirabel airport and will create 15 jobs (available in French only)
- By 2016, the Réseau de transport de Longueuil will invest $79.5M for the purchase of 100 hybrid buses (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, Premier Aviation has laid off 14 people last March 11 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- Date Modified: