Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boilermakers fabricate, assemble, erect, test, maintain and repair boilers, vessels, tanks, towers, heat exchangers and other heavy-metal structures. They are employed in boiler fabrication, manufacturing, shipbuilding, construction, electric power generation and similar industrial establishments.
boiler fitter, boiler installer, boilermaker, boilermaker apprentice, construction boilermaker, industrial boilermaker, marine boilermaker, pressure vessel fabricator.
- Read blueprints or specifications to plan sequence of operation
- Lay out plate, sheet steel or other heavy metal and mark bending and cutting lines on work piece using protractors, compasses and drawing instruments or templates
- Set up and operate heavy-metal working machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and drill presses to cut, shape and form metal into parts or sections
- Fit and weld metal parts or sections together to fabricate boilers, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, piping and other heavy-metal products
- Erect and install boilers and other heavy-metal products according to specifications using hand and power tools
- Repair and perform maintenance work on boilers and other heavy-metal products
- Direct activities of hoist or crane operators and other workers during fabrication, assembly, installation or repair of structures
- Test finished structures using a variety of methods.
Boilermakers may specialize in rigging and hoisting, preparation and layout, or welding aspects of the trade.
Outlook & Prospects for Boilermakers in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- This coming May, the Davie shipyard plans to hire forty-some workers per week to reach a total of 540 employees in July
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bock Equipment, which has four stores in Québec, including one in Lévis, is closing after declaring bankruptcy. About 15 people in Lévis are losing their job. (available in French only)
- Métal Duquet, located in Saint-Côme-Linière (in the Beauce region), has just expanded its plant. The investment will enable the company to stabilize its production. Eight to 10 jobs will be created by the end of next year. (available in French only)
- PhasOptx Telecom will be opening a new branch in Disraeli (in the Appalaches regional county municipality) in 2014. The project will generate $10 M in spending and should create 120 jobs over the next three years. Hiring is expected to start in the fall. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A new Tim Hortons location will open in Beauceville. The launch of this new company will allow the creation of thirty-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: