Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dry cleaning and laundry machine operators operate machines to dry-clean or launder garments and other articles. Dry cleaning and laundry inspectors and assemblers check finished garments and other articles to ensure that they meet required standards for dry-cleaning, laundering and pressing, and assemble and bag finished garments and other articles. They are employed in dry cleaning, laundry and fur cleaning establishments, and in the laundries of hotels, hospitals and other institutions.
assembler, laundry and dry cleaning, bagger, laundry and dry cleaning, cleaning machine operator, drapery cleaner, dry cleaner, dyer, laundry and dry cleaning, fur cleaner, inspector – laundry and dry cleaning, laundry machine operator, laundry worker, leather cleaner, machine operator, laundry and dry cleaning, spotter, sprayer, leather or suede, suede cleaner.
- Operate dry cleaning machines to dry-clean dresses, suits, coats, sweaters and other garments, draperies, cushion covers and other articles
- Operate washing machines and dryers to clean and dry garments, sheets, blankets, towels and other articles
- Operate machines to clean and blow-dry fur garments
- Operate machines to dry-clean, dye, spray, re-oil, and re-buff suede and leather garments.
- Check finished garments and other articles to ensure that they are properly dry-cleaned or laundered
- Record damaged or improperly dry-cleaned or laundered garments and other articles
- Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
- Assemble and bag finished garments and other articles
- Match invoices with tags on garments or other articles.
Wages for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||10.15||12.24||18.50||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: