Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
college teaching assistant, graduate assistant – university, postdoctoral fellow, research assistant, university.
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professor in analysis of results and preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.
Outlook & Prospects for Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-31|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in Chaudiere-Appalaches are expected to be fair for this occupation.
- Date Modified: