Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Administrative clerks compile, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
administrative clerk, application clerk, authorization clerk, by-law clerk, customs clerk, documentation clerk, import clerk, licence clerk, office administration clerk, passport clerk, registration clerk, registry clerk, ward clerk – hospital, warranty clerk.
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions, and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures and schedules, using computerized and manual processing systems
- Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements or other material after requesting documents have been processed and approved
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required
- Prepare reports and presentations and provide information to staff and general public regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures
- Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
- May be responsible for some accounting tasks
- May organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks and data entry clerks.
Outlook & Prospects for Administrative Clerks in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in Chaudiere-Appalaches are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bock Equipment, which has four stores in Québec, including one in Lévis, is closing after declaring bankruptcy. About 15 people in Lévis are losing their job. (available in French only)
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Creaform, a Lévis company specializing in the manufacture and promotion of custom 3D technology, will hire 180 new workers over the next three years (available in French only)
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Within the next couple years, L'Islet will gain 39 new places at $7 daycares. A new building will be home to these new places allotted to the CPE Les Coquins. Approximately a dozen jobs are expected to be created at the L'Islet facility. (available in French only)
Week of Aug 27 – Aug 31, 2012
- The expansion of the seniors' residence Le Saint-Guillaume in Saint-Georges has been completed (available in French only)
- Date Modified: