Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General office clerks prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
- Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents, from notes or dictaphone, using computers
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
Wages for General Office Clerks in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: