Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Property administrators perform administrative duties and co-ordinate activities related to the management and rental of investment property and real estate on behalf of property owners. They are employed by property and real estate management companies, property development companies and by government.
accommodation officer, apartment rental agent, housing project manager, leasing co-ordinator, property, property administrator, property rentals manager.
- Negotiate or approve rental or lease of various properties in a portfolio on behalf of property owners and ensure that terms of lease agreement are met
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning and maintenance, security services and alarm systems
- Co-ordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings and monitor progress and cost of work for property owners
- Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income, prepare reports and review rents to ensure they are at market value
- Ensure that trouble calls received from clients or tenants are acted upon
- Administer damage deposits
- May hire and supervise rental agents, property clerks, building superintendents or other support staff performing operational, clerical or maintenance duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Property Administrators in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-29|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Construction work on a new $20M industrial and commercial condo project, Icondo, has recently begun on the Lac Mirabel site in Mirabel. The first tenant companies will arrive in the summer of 2013. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Immeubles Genesee, an independent real estate brokerage agency located in the LaSalle borough, is shutting down. Sixty-some people worked for this company. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Construction of the Résidence des Prairies in Notre-Dames-des-Prairies will begin in August 2013 with the establishment opening in July 2014. The seniors residence will have 55 units at an investment of over $7.9M. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- A $1.5M investment will be made in Asbestos to build an 18-unit, high-end residential building for people 55 years of age or more. The Villa des Sources will be move-in ready by July 2014.
- Date Modified: