Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in Chaudiere-Appalaches are expected to be good for this occupation. Job openings will be created for the most part by large numbers of people retiring. Other job openings will result from a high increase in employment.
According to the 2006 census, most workers in this occupational group are employed in professional, scientific and technical services industry.
The phenomenon of contracting out is creating new openings for these professionals: in recent years, numerous consulting firms specializing in these new niches have appeared. The sphere of activity of management consultants is expanding and growing in complexity, with the development of new management concepts and new work organization methods. post-graduate degrees in business administration are common among these professionals. Several years' experience in management or consulting are also required. Candidates must be familiar with new management theories and practices and have a global corporate vision. Candidates must be skilled in the management of corporate change, improvement of customer service, international development and increased productivity in a context of global competition, strategic planning, organizational development and growing demands with respect to quality.
While membership in the Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec is not mandatory to practice the profession in Quebec, it is required to use the titles of certified administrator (Adm.A.) and certified management consultant (CMC). Since these professionals often work for small firms or are self-employed, an ability to develop a business network is required. A good knowledge of computerized management tools and new information and communications technologies. A good knowledge of French, English and even a third language.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Creaform, a Lévis company specializing in the manufacture and promotion of custom 3D technology, will hire 180 new workers over the next three years (available in French only)
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
- Saint-Patrice-de-Beaurivage - Innoventé to produce electricity in the fall (available in French only)
- Date Modified: