Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies or services or of heating oil distribution companies. The services provided include the distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers, waste disposal and waste recycling. Utilities managers are employed in public and private sector utilities and in heating oil distribution companies.
director of waste management, director of water pollution control, director, distribution systems – utilities, director, electrical power transmission operations, director, water supply, electric power plant manager, liquid waste facility manager, manager, distribution, refined petroleum products, manager, electric generating plant, manager, gas supply operations, manager, sewage treatment plant, water filtration plant manager.
- Water supply managers manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
- Electrical power distribution managers manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. They may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
- Natural gas supply managers manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
- Petroleum product distribution managers plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
- Water pollution control managers manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
- Waste systems managers manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
Outlook & Prospects for Utilities Managers in Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-09-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Boulangerie Saint-Méthode in Adstock is looking for twenty-some bakery operators and daytime labourers (available in French only)
- The Target chain, which will open a store in Saint-Georges (Beauce) in the fall, organizes two employment fairs at hotel le Georgesville (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- This coming May, the Davie shipyard plans to hire forty-some workers per week to reach a total of 540 employees in July
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bock Equipment, which has four stores in Québec, including one in Lévis, is closing after declaring bankruptcy. About 15 people in Lévis are losing their job. (available in French only)
- Métal Duquet, located in Saint-Côme-Linière (in the Beauce region), has just expanded its plant. The investment will enable the company to stabilize its production. Eight to 10 jobs will be created by the end of next year. (available in French only)
- PhasOptx Telecom will be opening a new branch in Disraeli (in the Appalaches regional county municipality) in 2014. The project will generate $10 M in spending and should create 120 jobs over the next three years. Hiring is expected to start in the fall. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A new Tim Hortons location will open in Beauceville. The launch of this new company will allow the creation of thirty-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: