Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who fabricate, assemble and inspect mechanical and metal products, such as aircraft and aircraft parts, heavy trucks, buses, trailers, motor vehicle engines, transmissions, heating equipment, commercial refrigeration and similar metal products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
aircraft assembly foreman/woman, engine assembly foreman/woman (except aircraft), foreman/woman, metalworking machine operators, foreman/woman, mobile home assembly, shipyard painter foreman/woman, supervisor, helicopter assembly, supervisor, snowmobile assembly, truck trailer assembly foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble and inspect products such as aircraft, buses, heavy trucks, transmissions, automobile engines and refrigeration and heating equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The window and door company Lepage Millwork, based in Rivière-du-Loup, will have to hire approximately 40 persons (available in French only)
- On November 4th, Groupe Lebel has announced a project estimated at nearly $865,000, which will serve to implement a production unit of exterior wood siding in the municipality of Lac-des-Aigles, which will lead to the creation of nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
- Fonderie Bradken of Mont-Joli is experiencing problems recruiting a skilled labour force (available in French only)
- One hundred and fifty employees will get their walking papers for at least 6 months following layoffs at the Bombardier plant in La Pocati¿re; the first layoffs, which will be staggered through to March, will take place on January 16. (available in French only)
- Due to financial difficulties, production at Rivière-du-Loup¿s Groupe CNP plant has been stopped since the end of June, and 170 employees are still out of work (available in French only)
- After leaving the wood flooring and moulding sector, Métis-sur-Mer-based business Boiseries Rousseau will keep only 20 of the 40 employees who worked there the previous year (available in French only)
- Date Modified: