Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who fabricate, assemble and inspect mechanical and metal products, such as aircraft and aircraft parts, heavy trucks, buses, trailers, motor vehicle engines, transmissions, heating equipment, commercial refrigeration and similar metal products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
aircraft assembly foreman/woman, engine assembly foreman/woman (except aircraft), foreman/woman, metalworking machine operators, foreman/woman, mobile home assembly, shipyard painter foreman/woman, supervisor, helicopter assembly, supervisor, snowmobile assembly, truck trailer assembly foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble and inspect products such as aircraft, buses, heavy trucks, transmissions, automobile engines and refrigeration and heating equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- In Mont-Joli, Armoires Canboard had to use the services of a placement agency to meets its labour needs. The company is still looking for nearly a dozen daytime labourers. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Méridien Maritime in Matane will be building bridges, employing at least 30 additional workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Excavation work for a dry dock for boats in Gros Cacouna, a Méridien Maritime project that should provide employment to a hundred-some people, will begin in the fall (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- The Bombardier Transport plant in La Pocatière will be hiring about 20 specialized workers to round out its team (available in French only)
- Marmen Énergie of Matane can guarantee its employees work until the end of 2014 thanks to the contract it has won for the Rivière-du-Moulin wind farm (available in French only)
- Date Modified: