Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Contractors and managers in this unit group operate establishments that provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting.
artificial inseminator, crop dusting contractor, livestock breeding service manager, manager, artificial insemination service, manager, crop harvesting service.
- Manage businesses which provide an agricultural livestock service such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Manage businesses which provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate with farmers and farm managers regarding the services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- May participate in the provision of the service or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Related Service Contractors and Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following $5M construction work, Lepage Millwork is expected to create 50 medium-term jobs in Rivière-du-Loup (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Target is looking for at least 150 employees for its new store in Rimouski. Renovation work at the future store, at a cost estimated between $10M and $12M, is ongoing at Carrefour Rimouski. (available in French only)
- The Yuzu Sushi franchise will open its doors in July in Rivière-du-Loup and up to 10 jobs will be created (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- It will take four years and $12M to renovate the residences at the Cégep de Rimouski (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- As part of the 2013 federal Summer Work/Student Exchange program, 164 jobs will be offered in the Rimouski-Neigette-Témiscouata-Les Basques riding (available in French only)
- Following cutbacks at the Rimouski-Neigette health and social services centre, 30 positions will be cut and 12 vacant positions will not be filled (available in French only)
- Date Modified: