Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Contractors and managers in this unit group operate establishments that provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting.
artificial inseminator, crop dusting contractor, livestock breeding service manager, manager, artificial insemination service, manager, crop harvesting service.
- Manage businesses which provide an agricultural livestock service such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Manage businesses which provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate with farmers and farm managers regarding the services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- May participate in the provision of the service or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Related Service Contractors and Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- In Matane, Innoventé will be building a plant that will be used to produce green energy for $20M, which should create approximately 100 jobs during construction and approximately 40 thereafter (available in French only)
- Saint-Pacôme¿s Station Plein Air plans to hire close to 15 additional employees (available in French only)
- The window and door company Lepage Millwork, based in Rivière-du-Loup, will have to hire approximately 40 persons (available in French only)
- On November 18, the Minist¿re de l'¿ducation, du Loisir et du Sport announced investments of nearly $12M into school facilities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region (available in French only)
- Target opened its doors in Rimouski on November 13, providing 150 people with a job there (available in French only)
- Canadian Tire opened its new store in Matane on November 14, which should provide work for nearly 70 people as needed (available in French only)
- On November 4th, Groupe Lebel has announced a project estimated at nearly $865,000, which will serve to implement a production unit of exterior wood siding in the municipality of Lac-des-Aigles, which will lead to the creation of nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
- Fonderie Bradken of Mont-Joli is experiencing problems recruiting a skilled labour force (available in French only)
- A Tim Hortons location and two other restaurants will open in Rivi¿re-du-Loup in December, which will create fifty-some jobs (available in French only)
- One hundred and fifty employees will get their walking papers for at least 6 months following layoffs at the Bombardier plant in La Pocati¿re; the first layoffs, which will be staggered through to March, will take place on January 16. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: