Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in logging operations and silvicultural operations. They are employed by logging companies, contractors and government agencies.
forest operations supervisor, forestry crew supervisor, hook tender, logging contractor, logging foreman/woman, production supervisor – logging, silviculture supervisor, woods foreman/woman.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of logging and forestry workers in woodland operations, often in several work locations over several square kilometres
- Supervise silvicultural activities such as scarification, planting and vegetation control
- Schedule work crews, equipment and transportation for several work locations
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve work methods
- Instruct workers in safety, recognize unsafe work conditions and modify work procedures
- Ensure that government regulations are met
- Communicate with forestry technical, professional and management personnel regarding forest harvesting and forest management plans, procedures and schedules
- Prepare production and other reports
- Hire and train new workers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Logging and Forestry in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than 350 workers will work this season at the Pépinière de Saint-Modeste (available in French only)
- Date Modified: