Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Commercial divers perform underwater activities related to construction, inspection, search, salvage, repair and photography. They are employed by commercial diving contractors, shipping and marine construction companies, and oil and gas companies with offshore operations.
commercial diver, diver, offshore diver, skin diver, commercial, underwater contractor, underwater welder, underwater worker.
- Perform offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction duties such as underwater surveys, nondestructive testing, blasting, construction, and repair and maintenance of drill rigs and platforms
- Operate underwater video, sonar, recording and related equipment for scientific or exploratory purposes
- Inspect vessels, buoyage systems, pipelines, sluice gates, plant intakes and outfalls and other materials, visually and by nondestructive testing
- Perform construction duties such as welding and installing pilings for cofferdams or footings for piers, and maintain these and drydocks, breakwaters, marine ways and bridge foundations using hand and power tools and pneumatic equipment
- Operate winches, derricks or cranes to manipulate cables and chains to raise sunken objects
- Set up and detonate explosives to remove obstructions and break up or refloat submerged objects
- Participate in underwater search and rescue, salvage, recovery and clean up operations
- Check and maintain diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harnesses, gauges, air compressors, diving suits, underwater cutting torches and welding equipment
- May supervise and train other divers.
Jobs for Commercial Divers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-22||commercial free-diver||AQUARO LTÉE||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: