Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors</i> (7231), <i>Tool and Die Makers</i> (7232) and <i>Machining Tool Operators</i> (9511). They are employed by metal products manufacturing companies and machine shops.
foreman/woman, automotive machine shop, foreman/woman, machinists, foreman/woman, maintenance machine shop, foreman/woman, tool and die makers, supervisor, machine shop, supervisor, machinists, supervisor, metal mould and metal patternmakers, supervisor, tool and die inspectors.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who machine metal into parts, products, tools and dies or moulds with precise dimensions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following $5M construction work, Lepage Millwork is expected to create 50 medium-term jobs in Rivière-du-Loup (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Target is looking for at least 150 employees for its new store in Rimouski. Renovation work at the future store, at a cost estimated between $10M and $12M, is ongoing at Carrefour Rimouski. (available in French only)
- The Yuzu Sushi franchise will open its doors in July in Rivière-du-Loup and up to 10 jobs will be created (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- It will take four years and $12M to renovate the residences at the Cégep de Rimouski (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- As part of the 2013 federal Summer Work/Student Exchange program, 164 jobs will be offered in the Rimouski-Neigette-Témiscouata-Les Basques riding (available in French only)
- Following cutbacks at the Rimouski-Neigette health and social services centre, 30 positions will be cut and 12 vacant positions will not be filled (available in French only)
- Date Modified: