Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sheriffs execute and enforce court orders, warrants and writs, participate in seizure and sale of property and perform courtroom and other related duties. Bailiffs serve legal orders and documents, seize or repossess properties, evict tenants and perform other related activities. Sheriffs and bailiffs are employed by provincial or territorial courts, and bailiffs may be employed as officers of the court or in private service as agents for creditors.
- Serve statements of claims, summonses, warrants, jury summonses, orders to pay alimony, and other court orders
- Serve writs of execution by seizing and selling property and distributing the proceeds according to court decisions
- Locate property and make seizures and removals under various acts of Parliament
- Provide courthouse security for judges and perimeter security for the courthouse
- Escort prisoners to and from courts and correctional institutions
- Prepare comprehensive reports and affidavits and maintain records
- Attend court, escort witnesses and assist in maintaining order
- Provide security support for sequestered juries
- Issue warrants for imprisonment, arrest or apprehension.
Outlook & Prospects for Sheriffs and Bailiffs in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-12|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- In Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, the new Centre de formation professionnelle de la Haute-Gaspésie will hire 9 new teachers for its opening in September (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Alimentation Coop has invested $10M in its four Rimouski businesses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- In Mont-Joli, Armoires Canboard had to use the services of a placement agency to meets its labour needs. The company is still looking for nearly a dozen daytime labourers. (available in French only)
- More than 350 workers will work this season at the Pépinière de Saint-Modeste (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Méridien Maritime in Matane will be building bridges, employing at least 30 additional workers (available in French only)
- Date Modified: