Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Supervisors in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Alimentation Coop has invested $10M in its four Rimouski businesses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- In Rivière-du-Loup, the Zellers store shut down on March 30 and fifteen-some people lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Groupe Canac will open a hardware store in Rimouski by the end of the year, which would lead to the creation of 80 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Between 11 and $12M will be invested in the construction of a Target store in Rimouski; at least 150 jobs will need to be filled for the grand opening scheduled for the fall. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- The Zellers store of Rimouski will shut down March 14; 60 employees will lose their jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: