Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Archivists manage, process, store and disseminate information contained in an organization's archives. They acquire, store and research textual material, pictures, maps, architectural documents, electronic materials, films and videos, sound recordings and multimedia materials. Archivists are employed in archives, in the public and para-public sectors and in private sector organizations.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing current and semicurrent archives, in particular corporate cataloguing systems, records scheduling and disposal, and finding aids
- Design programs for managing, disseminating and storing archives of all types (documents, photographs, maps, audio-visual materials, manuscripts, etc.)
- Plan the computerized management of archives and the management of electronic archives
- Appraise and acquire archival materials to build and develop an archival collection for research purposes
- Authenticate documents and records and research the origins and significance of archival materials
- Organize noncurrent archives and develop cataloguing and retrieval systems to allow access to archival materials
- Assist people with their searches.
Outlook & Prospects for Archivists in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-12|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- In Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, the new Centre de formation professionnelle de la Haute-Gaspésie will hire 9 new teachers for its opening in September (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Alimentation Coop has invested $10M in its four Rimouski businesses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- In Mont-Joli, Armoires Canboard had to use the services of a placement agency to meets its labour needs. The company is still looking for nearly a dozen daytime labourers. (available in French only)
- More than 350 workers will work this season at the Pépinière de Saint-Modeste (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Méridien Maritime in Matane will be building bridges, employing at least 30 additional workers (available in French only)
- Date Modified: