Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments and high school librarians are included in this group.
English as a second language teacher, high school, English teacher, secondary school, French as a second language teacher, high school, adult education teacher, secondary school, biology teacher, high school, commerce teacher, secondary school, department head, secondary school, high school teacher, special education, history teacher, secondary school, librarian, high school, remedial teacher – secondary school, secondary school teacher, supply teacher, high school, trades instructor – secondary school, vocational teacher, high school.
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and school officials
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers.
Secondary school teachers may specialize in such areas as mathematics, English, French, special education or second language instruction. Secondary school teachers of vocational and trades subjects may specialize in areas such as hairdressing or auto mechanics.
Wages for Secondary School Teachers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||19.23||32.42||43.52||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: