Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Legal secretaries perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in law offices, legal departments of large firms, real estate companies, land title offices, municipal, provincial and federal courts and government.
- Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents, such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs, from handwritten copy, shorthand and machine dictation using computers
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences for employer
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in the use of current software
- May attend court, meetings or conferences to take notes, minutes and dictation
- May perform other general office work as required including preparing financial statements.
Outlook & Prospects for Legal Secretaries in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-12|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 16 - Sep 20, 2013
- Within six months, the Government of Québec will open a development centre for information resources solutions in Rimouski, creating 30 permanent jobs in Québec's public service in the information technology field (available in French only)
- Date Modified: