Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
0611 - Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers
Terms & Conditions:
In Bas-Saint-Laurent, most jobs are full-time and full-year. According to the 2006 Census, less than one quarter of jobs were held by women.
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
The number of sales, marketing and advertising managers has climbed significantly in the past few years in Bas-Saint-Laurent, thanks to strong performance in the manufacturing and wholesale trade industries during this period. However, job creation has slowed recently. The 2008-2009 recession negatively impacted manufacturing in the region.
This occupation is present in various industrial sectors including wholesale trade (35%), manufacturing (15%), information and cultural industries (8%) and finance and insurance (8%).
In the next few years, the number of sales, marketing and advertising managers is expected to shrink slightly. The few openings will mainly be to replace retiring workers.
Vacancies will be available to persons who have extensive experience in their fields: sales representatives, advertising specialists, public relations officers, communications officers, etc.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following $5M construction work, Lepage Millwork is expected to create 50 medium-term jobs in Rivière-du-Loup (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- In Mont-Joli, Armoires Canboard had to use the services of a placement agency to meets its labour needs. The company is still looking for nearly a dozen daytime labourers. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Méridien Maritime in Matane will be building bridges, employing at least 30 additional workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Excavation work for a dry dock for boats in Gros Cacouna, a Méridien Maritime project that should provide employment to a hundred-some people, will begin in the fall (available in French only)
- Date Modified: