Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-04|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- On November 18, the Minist¿re de l'¿ducation, du Loisir et du Sport announced investments of nearly $12M into school facilities in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region (available in French only)
- Target opened its doors in Rimouski on November 13, providing 150 people with a job there (available in French only)
- Canadian Tire opened its new store in Matane on November 14, which should provide work for nearly 70 people as needed (available in French only)
- On November 4th, Groupe Lebel has announced a project estimated at nearly $865,000, which will serve to implement a production unit of exterior wood siding in the municipality of Lac-des-Aigles, which will lead to the creation of nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
- Fonderie Bradken of Mont-Joli is experiencing problems recruiting a skilled labour force (available in French only)
- A Tim Hortons location and two other restaurants will open in Rivi¿re-du-Loup in December, which will create fifty-some jobs (available in French only)
- One hundred and fifty employees will get their walking papers for at least 6 months following layoffs at the Bombardier plant in La Pocati¿re; the first layoffs, which will be staggered through to March, will take place on January 16. (available in French only)
- Following the relocation of the WEC Service division that handles wind farm maintenance and installation, 16 Énercon managers will be transferred from Matane to Montréal (available in French only)
- Due to financial difficulties, production at Rivière-du-Loup¿s Groupe CNP plant has been stopped since the end of June, and 170 employees are still out of work (available in French only)
- Following a five-year agreement between the Rimouski-Neigette health and social services centre and Québec¿s Université Laval, there will be up to 20 additional external doctors each year for five years at the Hôpital régional de Rimouski (available in French only)
- The multistakeholder co-op Marché Les Méchins will reopen the town¿s grocery store before Christmas, and the former Marché des Méchins' 17 employees will be rehired (available in French only)
- Date Modified: