Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-04|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following $5M construction work, Lepage Millwork is expected to create 50 medium-term jobs in Rivière-du-Loup (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Target is looking for at least 150 employees for its new store in Rimouski. Renovation work at the future store, at a cost estimated between $10M and $12M, is ongoing at Carrefour Rimouski. (available in French only)
- The Yuzu Sushi franchise will open its doors in July in Rivière-du-Loup and up to 10 jobs will be created (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- It will take four years and $12M to renovate the residences at the Cégep de Rimouski (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- As part of the 2013 federal Summer Work/Student Exchange program, 164 jobs will be offered in the Rimouski-Neigette-Témiscouata-Les Basques riding (available in French only)
- Following cutbacks at the Rimouski-Neigette health and social services centre, 30 positions will be cut and 12 vacant positions will not be filled (available in French only)
- Date Modified: