Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments.
bank manager, collection centre manager, commercial banking manager, corporate banking centre manager, credit manager, credit union manager, manager, banking operations, manager, corporate services – banking, credit and investment, manager, credit card centre, manager, personal services – banking, credit and investment, mortgage and consumer credit manager, operations manager, credit card company, regional collection manager, trust company manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
- Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
- Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
- Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
- Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
- Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
- Recruit personnel and identify their training needs.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a credit department in an industrial or commercial organization
- Administer corporate, commercial and personal loan accounts
- Advise customers on the commercial and personal financial services corresponding to their needs
- Evaluate and review loan and credit applications and collateral and make recommendations
- Approve or reject credit applications, establish credit limits and determine repayment plans or schedules in accordance with authorized limits
- Ensure collection of overdue or delinquent accounts
- Ensure credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
- Prepare credit and loan reports
- Recruit credit personnel and identify their training needs.
Outlook & Prospects for Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers in Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-11|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-09-18|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-09-18|
|Côte-Nord Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-29|
|Estrie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Lanaudière Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-07|
|Laurentides Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-25|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-04-10|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-13|
|Montérégie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-23|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-22|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- The Laurentian Bank is restructuring: 90 employees within the mortgage loan development division will be affected. (available in French only)
- After establishing a call centre in Trois-Rivières, Caisse Desjardins should have over 350 employees at the beginning of 2015 (available in French only)
- A Bank of China branch is opening its doors in Montréal. The bank will start by offering financial services to businesses in the area and will eventually add personal services. (available in French only)
- Sentry Investissement, an independent asset management firm, announced that it is opening a new office in Montréal (available in French only)
- Scotiabank is investing $3.4M to open a new regional centre, scheduled to open in summer 2014, in Drummondville. Twenty jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: