Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2011-2013 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: