Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes trade helpers and labourers, not elsewhere classified, who assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial machinery, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment, in the maintenance and repair of transportation and heavy equipment, in the installation and repair of telecommunication and power cables and in other repair and service work settings. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing, utility and service companies.
aerial spraying assistant, aircraft mechanic helper, cable installer helper, diesel mechanic helper, ground worker – telecommunications, mechanic's helper – automotive, millwright helper, refrigeration mechanic helper, splicer helper – telecommunications, surveyor helper.
- Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas
- Assist in splicing overhead and underground communications and electric power transmission cables
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing industrial machinery and equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing elevators
- Assist in repairing and maintaining stationary electric power generating and distribution equipment
- Assist in mechanical, electrical and body repairs of aircraft, railway cars, automobiles, trucks, buses, heavy equipment and motorcycles
- Assist in repairing electrical appliances, small engines or other similar equipment
- Mix fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides and load mixture into airplane for aerial spraying
- Assist in land surveying activities, such as holding or moving stakes and rods, clearing brush and debris from line of survey and transporting surveying tools to work area
- Perform other labouring and elemental tasks as required.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades Helpers and Labourers in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2013-05-16|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Construction of the new residential project, Habitat Veridis, recently began in Laval in the Auteuil sector. On completion, this project will number 2 000 units. Phase I will comprise 700 units, to be delivered beginning in May 2014. (available in French only)
- A new indoor trampoline centre, Isaute, opened its doors in early November in Laval. This new $1.5M facility has led to the creation of nearly 45 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Construction will begin at La Place de la Gare in the Centre de Laval industrial park. Work completion on this $5M commercial and residential building project of 73,000-sq.-ft. capacity is scheduled for the spring of 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction on a community housing co-op will start in spring 2014 in Laval. This project of 166 public housing units, Coopérative de solidarité du Bois Ellen, will require an investment of $33M and will be completed in summer 2015. (available in French only)
- Liebherr Aerospace Canada of Laval will assemble the landing gear for the Bombardier CSeries aircraft. The company, whose workforce will grow from 15 to 35 employees, will hire assemblers, logisticians, warehouse operators and quality control officers. (available in French only)
- Location Jean Légaré vehicle rentals opened a new office in Laval in September. The new location will also offer container rental services for storage and moving. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: