Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair and service a wide variety of products, such as cameras, scales, musical instruments, coin machines, vending machines, sporting goods and other miscellaneous products and equipment. They are employed by product specialty repair shops and service establishments.
bicycle repairer, camera repairer, meter repairer, piano repairer, scale repairer, sewing machine servicer – domestic, sporting goods repairer, vending machine repairer.
- Inspect products to determine the requirement for repair
- Repair or replace defective or worn out parts and components using hand, power or specially designed tools
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Perform routine maintenance
- May calibrate products using hand tools.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Repairers and Servicers in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-05-16|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Construction of the new residential project, Habitat Veridis, recently began in Laval in the Auteuil sector. On completion, this project will number 2 000 units. Phase I will comprise 700 units, to be delivered beginning in May 2014. (available in French only)
- A new indoor trampoline centre, Isaute, opened its doors in early November in Laval. This new $1.5M facility has led to the creation of nearly 45 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Construction will begin at La Place de la Gare in the Centre de Laval industrial park. Work completion on this $5M commercial and residential building project of 73,000-sq.-ft. capacity is scheduled for the spring of 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction on a community housing co-op will start in spring 2014 in Laval. This project of 166 public housing units, Coopérative de solidarité du Bois Ellen, will require an investment of $33M and will be completed in summer 2015. (available in French only)
- Liebherr Aerospace Canada of Laval will assemble the landing gear for the Bombardier CSeries aircraft. The company, whose workforce will grow from 15 to 35 employees, will hire assemblers, logisticians, warehouse operators and quality control officers. (available in French only)
- Location Jean Légaré vehicle rentals opened a new office in Laval in September. The new location will also offer container rental services for storage and moving. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: