Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile machinery mechanics and repairers install, maintain, repair, overhaul and set up textile machinery such as looms, knitting machines, spinning frames and carding machines. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
card fixer, card grinder, fixer, textile machinery, knitting machine mechanic, loom fixer, loom technician, mechanic, textile machines, open-end technician, spinning fixer, textile fixer.
- Repair and overhaul electrical and mechanical systems on textile machinery
- Adjust and set up complex machinery for new patterns or products
- Perform maintenance such as cleaning and lubrication of textile machinery, and replace and align moving parts as required
- Recommend equipment changes or modifications and evaluate new equipment
- Troubleshoot, test run and verify machine for proper operation.
Outlook & Prospects for Textile Machinery Mechanics and Repairers in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: