Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Grain elevator operators purchase grain from farmers, determine the grade, quality and weight of grain delivered, and maintain records for farmers and companies. They are employed by licensed grain elevator companies.
assistant grain elevator manager, grain elevator district manager, grain elevator operator, primary grain elevator operator.
- Calculate grain quota from information supplied by farmers and the Canadian Wheat Board
- Record quota and subsequent deliveries of grain from individual farmers
- Examine grain samples and conduct tests to determine grade and quality of grain
- Purchase grain and arrange for transport or storage of grain
- Weigh and record type of grain received or in storage and report data to grain company and Canadian Wheat Board
- Supervise activities of workers who operate equipment to clean and move grain in the elevator and who load trucks and rail cars, or operate equipment themselves to perform these activities
- Act as a farm supply sales agent for fertilizers, insecticides, and other farm supplies
- Maintain proper operation of elevator equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Grain Elevator Operators in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Valeant Canada, the pharmaceutical company, has opened its new head offices in Laval after an investment of $70M to modernize it and move its production activities from Montréal. Valeant employs 140 people. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Coopérative funéraire de la Rive-Sud de Montréal has announced that construction work on its new Laval funeral home, a project estimated at $3.1M, will start in June 2013. It is scheduled to open at the end of October 2013. (available in French only)
- Sanofi Canada, the pharmaceutical company, has recently opened its new Canadian head office in Laval (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: