Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Grain elevator operators purchase grain from farmers, determine the grade, quality and weight of grain delivered, and maintain records for farmers and companies. They are employed by licensed grain elevator companies.
assistant grain elevator manager, grain elevator district manager, grain elevator operator, primary grain elevator operator.
- Calculate grain quota from information supplied by farmers and the Canadian Wheat Board
- Record quota and subsequent deliveries of grain from individual farmers
- Examine grain samples and conduct tests to determine grade and quality of grain
- Purchase grain and arrange for transport or storage of grain
- Weigh and record type of grain received or in storage and report data to grain company and Canadian Wheat Board
- Supervise activities of workers who operate equipment to clean and move grain in the elevator and who load trucks and rail cars, or operate equipment themselves to perform these activities
- Act as a farm supply sales agent for fertilizers, insecticides, and other farm supplies
- Maintain proper operation of elevator equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Grain Elevator Operators in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||<Not assigned>||2013-07-09|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Laval region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Construction of the new residential project, Habitat Veridis, recently began in Laval in the Auteuil sector. On completion, this project will number 2 000 units. Phase I will comprise 700 units, to be delivered beginning in May 2014. (available in French only)
- A new indoor trampoline centre, Isaute, opened its doors in early November in Laval. This new $1.5M facility has led to the creation of nearly 45 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Construction will begin at La Place de la Gare in the Centre de Laval industrial park. Work completion on this $5M commercial and residential building project of 73,000-sq.-ft. capacity is scheduled for the spring of 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction on a community housing co-op will start in spring 2014 in Laval. This project of 166 public housing units, Coopérative de solidarité du Bois Ellen, will require an investment of $33M and will be completed in summer 2015. (available in French only)
- Liebherr Aerospace Canada of Laval will assemble the landing gear for the Bombardier CSeries aircraft. The company, whose workforce will grow from 15 to 35 employees, will hire assemblers, logisticians, warehouse operators and quality control officers. (available in French only)
- Location Jean Légaré vehicle rentals opened a new office in Laval in September. The new location will also offer container rental services for storage and moving. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: