Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, clubs, bands, multimedia companies, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
audiovisual (AV) technician, multimedia sound technician, postproduction technician, radio technician, recording engineer, recording studio technician, sound effects editor, sound engineer, sound mixer, sound technician, video and sound recorder, video recording technician.
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones, satellites or microwave trucks for films, videos, radio and television programs and recordings
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment to record videos, television programs, concerts and live events, and to edit video tape after production
- Operate electronic equipment to generate program titles, credits, sub-titles, graphic backgrounds or animation for television programs
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events
- Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources, in synchronization with motion picture film
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.
Wages for Audio and Video Recording Technicians in Laval Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: