Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Broadcast technicians install, set up, test, operate and repair electronic equipment used to record and transmit live and taped radio and television programs and to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet. They are employed by radio and television broadcasting networks and stations, by broadcast equipment companies and by Internet-based communication providers.
broadcast engineer, broadcast technician, broadcast transmitter operator, broadcasting switcher, master control room (MCR) equipment operator – broadcasting, master control room (MCR) technician – broadcasting, mobile broadcasting equipment operator, regional transmitter technician, short-wave receiving station technician, video transmission operator.
- Monitor broadcast quality of live and taped radio and television programs
- Operate and monitor radio and television broadcasting systems to broadcast, receive signals and to regulate clarity and range of sounds and colours of recordings or broadcasts
- Operate broadcast equipment to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet
- Make emergency repairs to equipment and substitute programs in case of signal failure
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot a wide variety of broadcast hardware and software
- Set up and operate consoles to pick up and select feed sources from different locations and to air radio or television programs and commercials
- May supervise other broadcast technicians.
Outlook & Prospects for Broadcast Technicians in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment potential rating established for 2008-2010.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: