Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialists in public relations and communications who develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
communications officer, communications specialist, fundraising consultant, information officer, literary agent, media co-ordinator, media relations officer, museum educator, performers agent, press secretary, public affairs officer, public relations consultant, public relations officer, publicist, publicity agent.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
Literary agents specialize in representing specific types of authors and writers. Performance agents specialize in representing specific singers, musicians, actors or other performers. Sports agents specialize in representing specific athletes or sports teams.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-15|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-11|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-06|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-01|
|Côte-Nord Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-12-06|
|Estrie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-15|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-23|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-26|
|Laurentides Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-31|
|Laval Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2013-05-06|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
|Montérégie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-22|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-20|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-11|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-06|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- November 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 627 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 570 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 434 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 563 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 545 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 521 KB, 10 pages)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to a $3.4M investment, a new fire station will see the light of day in Bécancour after the Christmas season (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of $11M, Mont-Orford National Park will be updated (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of $1.5M, Mont-Mégantic National Park, located in Notre-Dame-des-Bois, will be revamped (available in French only)
- Saint-Pacôme¿s Station Plein Air plans to hire close to 15 additional employees (available in French only)
- The Sept-¿les socio-recreational centre will be investing $3M to build a new recreational water pond (available in French only)
- A $2.5M investment has led to the opening of a fitness centre in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and created 40 jobs (available in French only)
- A new indoor trampoline centre, Isaute, opened its doors in early November in Laval. This new $1.5M facility has led to the creation of nearly 45 new jobs. (available in French only)
- The Mont Alta ski resort in Val-David is set to re-open soon after having closed for the 2012¿2013 season (available in French only)
- Date Modified: