Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialists in public relations and communications who develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
communications officer, communications specialist, fundraising consultant, information officer, literary agent, media co-ordinator, media relations officer, museum educator, performers agent, press secretary, public affairs officer, public relations consultant, public relations officer, publicist, publicity agent.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
Literary agents specialize in representing specific types of authors and writers. Performance agents specialize in representing specific singers, musicians, actors or other performers. Sports agents specialize in representing specific athletes or sports teams.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Creation of 30 new jobs in the next few months following the expansion of the customer service support centre of Revenu Québec in Chandler (available in French only)
- Groupe Plein Air Terrebonne (GPAT) has opened its new establishment of Parc de la Rivière in Terrebonne after investing $1.8M in its construction. This project has led to the creation of nearly a dozen new jobs. (available in French only)
- A new show complex, La Grosse Bertha, has just opened in Berthierville. This establishment houses a 140-seat room, a dairy bar and a recording studio. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- After a $1.2M investment, the company Brio opens its first intelligent car wash in Magog (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- A new place of worship will be built in Bécancour at a cost of $1.5M (available in French only)
- Le Finlandais spa has announced the start of reconstruction work following a fire in April. The facility in Rosemère, which employs 150 people, will invest $2.5 million to enlarge its installations and will open in August 2013. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- More than $8.5M has been invested in a new drinking water filtration factory in Waterville (available in French only)
- The municipal garage in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay will be expanded with an investment of $4.75M (available in French only)
- Nearly $1M will be invested in building a minigolf and dairy bar on the grounds of the Marché public des Bois-Francs in Victoriaville. A dozen jobs will be created in time for the opening in April 2014. (available in French only)
- The Coopérative funéraire de la Rive-Sud de Montréal has announced that construction work on its new Laval funeral home, a project estimated at $3.1M, will start in June 2013. It is scheduled to open at the end of October 2013. (available in French only)
- The Sûreté du Québec recently inaugurated its new police station in the Antoine-Labelle regional county municipality in Mont-Laurier after having invested $5.3M. This establishment relies on a staff of 60 people, including 53 police officers. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: