Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes anthropologists, archaeologists, geographers, historians, linguists, political scientists, sociologists and other professional occupations in social science not elsewhere classified. They are employed in universities and throughout the public and private sectors.
anthropologist, archaeologist, geographer, gerontologist, historian, linguist, political scientist, psychometrician, psychometrist, sociologist.
- Anthropologists conduct studies of the origin, development and functioning of human societies and cultures and of human evolution, changing physical characteristics and geographical distribution.
- Archaeologists study artifacts (objects and structures) to reconstruct past economic, social, political and intellectual life.
- Geographers study and analyse the spatial distribution and interrelationship of physical, biological, cultural and social patterns.
- Historians conduct research into one or more phases or aspects of past human activity and interpret and document findings.
- Linguists study the origin, structure and development of languages and apply linguistic theory to problems in teaching, translation and communications.
- Political scientists conduct research into the theory, origin, development, interrelationships and functioning of political institutions, political movements and individual political behaviour.
- Psychometricians develop psychological tests, scales and measures, and may administer or apply and interpret such tests, scales and measures. Psychometrists administer and score psychological tests, usually under the supervision of a registered psychologist.
- Sociologists study the development, structure, social patterns and interrelationships of human society.
- Other social science professionals included in this group specialize in particular areas of social sciences and humanities disciplines. These include criminologists (specialists in the study of crime and criminals), gerontologists (specialists in the phenomena and problems of ageing), graphoanalysts (specialists in handwriting analysis), and others.
Specialization usually exists within each of these occupations.
Wages for Other Professional Occupations in Social Science, n.e.c. in Laval Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: