Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants conduct research, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
business development officer, community economic development consultant, economic development officer, industrial development officer, market researcher, marketing analyst, marketing consultant, regional development analyst, tourism development officer, tourism industry consultant.
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
- Design market research questionnaires
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
- Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
Outlook & Prospects for Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2011-2013 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: