Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers inspect transportation vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft, automobiles and trucks and weighing and measuring devices such as scales and meters as well as industrial instruments, processes and equipment for conformity to government and industry standards and regulations. They are employed by government agencies and in the private sector.
airworthiness inspector, elevator inspector, engineering inspector, inspector, air carrier maintenance, inspector, air transport, inspector, electricity and gas meters, inspector, weights and measures, insurance loss prevention inspector, marine damage surveyor, motor vehicle defects investigator, railway accident investigation officer, regulatory officer, engineering.
- Motor vehicles defects investigators conduct motor vehicle and motor vehicle component defect investigations, examinations, tests and defect-related accident investigations; provide expert advice and testimony on specific motor vehicle performance problems or defects and recommend improvements in vehicle inspection and licensing procedures and vehicle safety standards.
- Railway accident investigation officers collect and analyze data from train derailments, collisions, and other accidents to determine the causes and inspect and evaluate railway property, structures, rolling stock, signals, track structure and train handling characteristics to ensure compliance to operating standards.
- Airworthiness inspectors conduct initial and regular inspections of establishments and individuals holding or applying for air carrier operating certificates and establishments engaged in aircraft maintenance, repair or modification; inspect aircraft, advise of any deficiencies and detain aircraft suspected of being unairworthy or unsafe.
- Inspectors, weights and measures conduct inspections and tests of a variety of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring devices and systems; prepare draft investigative reports of findings and recommend corrective or enforcement action.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineering Inspectors and Regulatory Officers in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: